Simply Stylish Stampers challenge.

Two blog posts today, this one is to show you a card I made for our team challenge. I am part of a lovely group of ladies called Simply Stylish Stampers. Our team leader Caroline (from Crafty Caroline Creates) set us a friendly challenge to create a project on the theme of Summer.
I decided I was going to use the z fold as my base, I love the way it creates a picture / scene within a card. 
Dapper Denim was my chosen base colour with a piece of colour theory paper layered on top. Then I mixed up a few stamp sets to get my by the sea / beach design. 
The lighthouse and birds come from 'High Tide', a photopolymer set which is great for the two step layering needed for the lighthouse. I chose 'Smokey Slate' and 'Real red' as my colours for this and the birds are also stamped in 'Smokey Slate'
The beach chair is from the 'Seasonal Layers thinlits', super easy to just run through your big shot. 
'Weather Together' is the stamp set used for the umbrella and it was stamped in 'Real red' and cut using the matching dies.
Lastly the kites and sunshine were made using the 'Swirly Bird' stamp set for the kites (again in 'Real Red' and 'Dapper Denim') and the coordinating 'Swirly scribbles thinlits' for the sunshine which was simply cut from some more colour theory paper. 


If you would like to join in the fun and become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator please do not hesitate to get in touch. As well as the fun we have together as a team we also enjoy the perks of seeing new products before they are released, top tips, project ideas, discounts and much more! 
If you would like more information you can email me direct at rachhome@msn.com

Happy crafting
Rachael x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Card front builder thinlits - Stampin Up

Coming soon!

Blog Hop with the Simply Stylish Stampers!